--On Thursday, October 10, 2002 10:58 am -0400 Beverly Voth
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you are referring to the RecordID that FileMaker creates for each
> record, it is accessible with the function Status(CurrentRecordID) in
> FileMaker or -recid in CDML. I don't know what it is in AppleScript, but
> you can get it there, too.
>
> As far as "using", it's unique enough if you're dealing within the
> database, but shouldn't be used as a relationship key. It's NOT
> sequential (as we think).
>
> Set up another field to auto-enter a serial number and pass that back.

This last step is exactly what I'm trying to do - But how do I pass it back
in the response to a new record being created. When I use <@column ID>
(assuming ID is the serial number field) it's blank.

Regards Paul.

Paul Hart
IT Manager
Medical Research Council
Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QH. England.

Tel: +44 (0)1223 245133/DDI 402394
Mobile: 07867 500598
Fax: +44 (0)1223 213556

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]