We've got an interesting issue with a WiT2K, IIS 5.0 server.  The visitor's
IP address in the IIS logs are being resolved, and it appears to be
effecting the server's performance greatly.  A three hour support call to
Microsoft resulted in the removal of Tango WebAnalyzer and WebTrends
(although both services were disabled), as well as a few other items.
However the DNS resolution continues.

Having nothing else to point the finger at, MS thinks it's the WiTango
service.  I told him "no way" because none of our other WiTango boxes are
doing it, but I can only say it with mild conviction because this is the
only one running IIS 5.0.

Anyone out there know if WiTango could be causing the reverse DNS lookup?

Nathan Hitchcock
HLI Systems