On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 at  1:23:33 +0100, "Rodolfo García Peñas (kix)" wrote:
> On 17/11/2013 15:53, Carlos R. Mafra wrote:

> >> Nothing. My english is too bad, but you cannot understand the difference
> >> between "you" and "we". Your project, our project.
> >
> > Again, wmaker is not "my" project.
> >
> > I guess my agreed-upon status is the "maintainer" of wmaker, just like
> > you are the maintainer of the wmaker package in the Debian repository.
> >
> > Is the wmaker debian package _your_ project? Or do you consider yourself
> > doing a service to others by being the maintainer of that code in the
> > best possible way as to please the majority of Debian users?
> >
> > The maintainer status is not for life though. If people feel that
> > I'm not capable for maintaining wmaker (for whatever reason) then we
> > can start to discuss who the next maintainer should be and I get out.
> >
> >> https://github.com/thekix/wmaker
> >>
> >> I will upload my work there. If you think my code is ok for *your*
> >> project, include it.
> >
> > But couldn't you in addition to the github request also send the patch
> > to the mailing list too?
> >
> > This is what everybody (including you) is doing for the last 5 years and
> > it's working fine.
> >
> > With this move I think you are actively trying to create problems in the
> > established process of patch submission.
>
> No. Sorry, but no. If you create a github repo and send a mail to the
> list pointing it (http://lists.windowmaker.org/dev/msg05993.html):

[snip]

> I thought that I can send the patches in the github repo.

I understand what you thought and I tried to explain why you misunderstood it.

> I don't want disturb you.

You are just rioting in the mailing list for no reason and creating
disharmony between us, also for no good reason.

I tried to explain why the patches must be submitted to the mailing
list like everybody is doing for the last 5 years here in wmaker-dev.

It makes review easier and more people see the patches since they
don't have to click in some links to open a web browser to see your
patches.

I didn't invent this procedure, this is the de facto standard submission
process among open source projects. This is how wmaker development was
always done. And now, out of the blue, you just don't want to send
the patches to the mailing list anymore.

_You_ are not complying with the established rules and you have already
shown that you are not willing to cooperate and you are actively trying
to create confusion in the wmaker-dev list in the past weeks.

Just send the patches to the mailing list. Is that asking too much
in a open source project, really?