Am 18.11.2013 10:59, schrieb Carlos R. Mafra:
>> But, where are the rules? Who wrote the rules? Who can change them?
>
> wmaker is no different than many other projects out there, and the process
> is the same. Patches go to the mailing list for discussions.
Yes, the main thing of a mailinglist is discussion and in a discussion
you should try to understand your college even if you disagree to others.
Discussion is a way to find compromises, don't you think so ?

> Are you sure you want to question this process?
If our forefathers did never start to 'question processes' we would
still try to make fire and we would not sit here and develop software.

Things change, new things came along, just as github and if we are not
able to check or challenge our processes to easy our work, then we are
just stupid. But we are not stupid so we always try to improve our
processes, don't you.

> Let me tell you again: _I_ didn't create the concept of discussing
> patches in a mailing list! I'm just following it because I agree that
> this is a good way to develop open source software.
Is there a way that github merge request get automatically posted to the
list ? If so, then what is the problem then ?

> C'mon Rodolfo. I'm not asking too much, I just want to see the patches
> in the mailing list (because of reasons I already wrote about).
None wants to stop discussing patches on the list.
_You_ started 'github'. Are you now able and ready to make use of _all_
advantages that github is offering ?
Let us find a way which is good enough for all, don't you think so ?

Kind Regards

--

Christian
   - Please do not 'CC' me on list mails.