some BIG usability NO-NOs I see on a lot of flash sites.

intro pages (one of my pet hates - I HATE waiting ... and I'm sure I'm not
the only one! - they are pointless and should be BANNED! - if you reallly
*must* then make sure there is a non-flash way to skip it)

animations in navigation - yes flash can do animations really well - but don't misuse it by making navigation slow for users!
(what about people on slow machines?)

whole website as one huge swf - making people wait for the whole thing to download before they can see anything! ... this is so obviously bad you'd
think it *should* be rare but sadly its still quite common out there
- split it up into smaller files and give people something more interesting or useful to look at than "loading..." within a few seconds! (even on a slow dial-up modem!) -

text you can't easily copy/paste (that wasn't actually really intended to be "locked down") - if its something you may want people to use or pass on then it is silly to make it more difficult for them to copy/paste. eg If you want people to call you on your office phone or come to your store's street address - then why stop them from copying the number or address to their contact list? - will they bother retyping it and double checking to make sure they haven't got it wrong? probably not!

well... actually ... if the main content is text why not publish it as html?
flash can do some nice things but I don't think it should ever be used as a *replacement* for html or text!

also - don't assume everyone's browser has flash player.
eg: mobile phones - some of the more recent models *might* have a "mobile flash player" ... which btw might handle flash 6 content! - ok maybe an
iPhone can do better .. but honestly how many of those do you see about?
... phone models more than about two years old? ... forget it!