Charles Ling wrote:
I would like to get some opinion from you all, that would Flash 10 or ++ will replace JavaScript in the future? According to this blog : http://ajaxian.com/archives/flash-10-and-the-bad-news-for-javascript-interaction.

I'm not entirely sure Christian's right that Flash 10 Security breaks all JS-triggering of Flash functionality rather than just preventing it triggering the File dialog. (Given how important this is for accessibility, I rather hope not!)

I found that alot of media website started to replace Javascript to play their audio/video and of course Flash required to be install as third
party plugin and had to be updated (which is annoying).

Alternative possibility: over the next decade (the lifetime of a typical IE version), this use-case for Flash will disappear, except as fallback for native HTML video and audio elements:

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#video

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#audio

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis