In the big picture, many things will use your website that won't use javascript. Like a search engine spider. Or a crappy cell phone.

At the very least make sure your basic site functions don't rely on javascript to work. Same thing with images.

The arguments/links below from Ted are valuble if you want to look deeper.

Joseph R. B. Taylor
/Designer / Developer/
Sites by Joe, LLC
/"Clean, Simple and Elegant Web Design"/
Phone: (609) 335-3076
Web: http://sitesbyjoe.com
Email: j...@sitesbyjoe.com