On 01/06/2015 18:18, Michael Black wrote:
Hi Mike,
> I'm not familiar with the band hopping...
>
> I assume the objective is to maximize the probability that somebody will be
> receiving you when you transmit, right?
Yes to a certain extent. It is more about congregating everyone on the
same band at the same time.

> So looking for an approximate 50/50 shot for everybody on a band of
> transmitters/receivers?
> And how do you then switch even/odd so all the ones that are transmitting
> get a chance to hear each other?
There is no even/odd, Tx vs. Rx is randomized to ensure every station
has a chance of receiving every other in some period. Stations may
choose to be more beacon than spotter by adjusting their Tx percentage.

> Does the current logic do that?
The current logic globally coordinates all band hopping stations to the
same bands with the option that each station may lock out some of the
bands dependant on the time of day because of its propagation influence
i.e. there's no point transmitting on LF in daylight hours but it is
essential around the terminator due to grey line enhancements. It also
randomizes Tx periods except that the random schedule is adjusted to
avoid multiple consecutive Tx periods.