I found that happened after logging a QSO, getting a repeat R-XX or RR73 and
trying to resend the needed 73.  That would not have the exchanged info in it
and it would be a dupe anyways.
A couple things need to be fixed to make this smoother...
#1 Double-clicking a R-XX or RR73 should set up Tx-4 or Tx-5 as appropriate
instead of TX-3#2 The last logged QSO callsign should be remembered so it
doesn't get logged again or is prompted as a possible duplicate.
Matter of fact, for FT4 would be nice if the logging didn't pop up until you
received a 73 instead of sending one.  That would solve all the problems with
repeats being needed and logging and dupes.  Same could be said for FT8 and
others too.  An added bit of logic for "sent 73, changing callsigns, have not
logged" might pop up a log box too saying "Hey, you sent a 73 but didn't log
it...do you want to log it?"
de Mike W9MDB

    On Thursday, May 9, 2019, 8:11:16 AM CDT, Bill Somerville
<g4...@classdesign.com> wrote:

 On 09/05/2019 04:18, Gary - K7EK via wsjt-devel wrote:
> Also, logging appeared to work only some of the time, resulting in
> more lost contacts. Logging complained about invalid information. The
> only thing I could do was to close that window, most likely losing the
> contact. I thought it strange that the normal WSJTX log popped up some
> of the time (with errors each time) and other times it was only the
> contest log.

Hi Gary,

when you have the "Log automatically" option checked
("Settings->Reporting") WSJT-X will pop up the "Log QSO" window when it
cannot log the QSO. That will be the case if the exchange information is
incomplete. You can complete the exchange information if for some reason
it was not picked up by WSJT-X, then click OK. Otherwise there's no
point logging the QSO.