In my case, I answered many CQ's of very strong stations, only to have no more
decodes from them. The result was dozens of incomplete contacts. Also, logging
appeared to work only some of the time, resulting in more lost contacts.
Logging complained about invalid information. The only thing I could do was to
close that window, most likely losing the contact. I thought it strange that
the normal WSJTX log popped up some of the time (with errors each time) and
other times it was only the contest log.  Some QSO's were smooth and progressed
as expected, but a great many did not. Some of that seems to be the that the
autosequence often got confused. Best S&P did not work as expected.  Call First
seemed to work but most of my attempted contacts eventually began with a double
click on a CQ..

Then there were those that had inaccurate clocks and others that were sending
reports (-01, etc), instead of RST and state abbreviation. And yet others were
sending QSO serial numbers, which really confused the software ( and this
operator).

On multiple occasions the other station failed to receive my RR73 and kept
sending his exchange over and over. Unfortunately there was no timely method to
requeue an exchange with RR73. This lost more contacts and appeared to confuse
the autosequencer. I am very sure that I had set things up precisely as stated
in the various emails.

All in all I ended up with about 30 contacts in the contest log. Had the
various issues not been encountered I am sure I could have easily doubled my
QSO count.  It is clear that more testing and increased familiarization is
required for the software FT4 contest mode. I look forward to the next test
session.

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

Radcliff, KY (EM77at)