Marco,

I appreciate you're trying to help George, and by extension, myself.
However, this issue is cross-platform. It also affects Windows users who
have chimed in. How does this suggestion help the Windows users?

Now, if you can suggest what the code to modify in WSJT-X is (because it
has a considerably large code base), I'd be the first to make that
modification (and submit as an upstream patch).

Dave Slotter, W3DJS <https://www.qrz.com/db/W3DJS>