On 16/07/2019 13:55, Dave Slotter, W3DJS wrote:
Marco,

I appreciate you're trying to help George, and by extension, myself. However, this issue is cross-platform. It also affects Windows users who have chimed in. How does this suggestion help the Windows users?

Now, if you can suggest what the code to modify in WSJT-X is (because it has a considerably large code base), I'd be the first to make that modification (and submit as an upstream patch).

Dave Slotter, W3DJS <https://www.qrz.com/db/W3DJS>

Hi Dave,

the few reports of this sort of behaviour I've seen from MS Windows users are usually related to having just repopulated the working frequencies table, this triggers a known defect that means the width of the band/frequency drop down list is incorrect until the application is restarted, after that it behaves as expected. Other similar issues arise from extreme font size selections or even from graphics card driver issues. In general the issue being discussed here is specific to Linux desktops or window managers. Notably the KDE developers make several changes to the Qt libraries to enhance their desktop features that don't always play well with other Qt applications. Currently we have no fix for this issue, note we do not directly control the width of the drop down list in question, it is sized automatically by the underlying layers we call from WSJT-X.