> That's the fix that I'm talking about. The DOM will store the
> non schema normalized value (when validation is on and the
> dom normalization feature is off).

I understand that. But the Base64 datatype validator has a new flag in 2.6
that causes a strict validation against the DOM-stored value. That check now
fails in 2.6, therefore turning that flag off breaks schema validation.

The fix I'm talking about is that if Xerces wants to strictly validate
datatypes based on assuming normalization, it needs to store *both* values
and use the one that's appropriate for the operation.

See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xerces-c-dev&m=109880001621887&w=2

-- Scott