Hi Scott,

In the last version of Xerces-C, there was fix for the DOM normalization problem. When the feature is set to false, you'll get back the non schema normalized value. Is this still a problem for you?

Khaled

"Scott Cantor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

02/08/2005 10:46 AM

Please respond to
xerces-c-dev

<xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc
Subject
RE: Request for feedback on some proposed xercesc changes   (including breaking source code compatibility)

> I feel we really should move to the latest version of the spec, even if
> we don't fully implement it. Its difficult for new users, users who are
> using both c + j and it makes the project seem like not a lot is
> happening - even though that is not true.

It definitely looks that way from the outside in the areas of DOM and XSD.
So if indeed you can support DOM3 sooner rather than later, +1 from me.

> If we do move, it does make sense to me to get rid of the old
> interfaces, and therefore go to Xerces 3.0. Having them hanging around
> will only be confusing. Any one else any feelings on this?

+1. However, I think a concerted effort to close some outstanding bugs ought
to be made if you go to 3.0, because those of us maintaining our own patches
will be stuck without full DOM3 support otherwise. xml:lang support and
proper base64 handling during validation are still the top problems for me.

-- Scott