Folks,

I've revised the feature list/signup list following contributions from people over the last week. Thank you all for your generous contributions of future-time. Please let me know what I got wrong, or missed, or if there's places you can help.

If I don't hear any more by the end of the week, we'll work to finalize the proposed feature set, then make a decision for sure on whether it's 3.0 or 2.7... As it sits, it doesn't look like we'll do (1, 2, 7, or 10).

-jdb

Here's a list of potential tasks. Not all of them have to happen, and they certainly won't happen if we nobody will sign-up for the tasks:

CALL FOR SIGN UP:

Please respond indicating whether you'll sign up for the work. If there' s something else you want to contribute, please indicate. Help is needed where there is no resource specified, or where there's a question mark.

(1) Reorganization of public/private includes
(2) Revisiting/sanity checking of install locations
(3) Refactoring of x-platform support
3.a. Initial cut
James
3.b. Basic posix support
James
3.b. Mac re-port/test
James
3.c. Windows re-port/test
Alberto
3.d. Linux re-port/test (may survive with basic posix...)
Gareth
Alberto [VMWare (Red Hat 9, Red Hat 7.3) and I can add more]
Scott Cantor [test]
3.e. Solaris
Scott Cantor [test]
3.f. Cygwin
Neil
3.g. Additional platforms...
Alberto [MinGW and Interix (AKA Microsoft Services For Unix)]
(4) A true autoconf-based build infrastructure
James
Jason Stewart
Scott Cantor
John Snelson
(5) Add a libcurl based netaccessor?
James (as time permits)
(6) DOM 3.0 support
Alberto
Gareth
(7) XPath???
(8) XInclude
Gareth
Caroline Rioux
Graham Innocent
(9) Add a ACE-based netaccessor
Alberto (as time permits)
(10) Add RelaxNG support
(Michael Fuller -- would provide some help)

(20) Remove deprecated DOM altogether.
Gareth
(21) Remove and/or update deprecated enums
Gareth
(22) Remove non-thread-safe psvi methods.
Gareth
(23) Remove Mac OS Classic support
James
(24) Remove OS/2 (or update it)
Alberto
(25) Remove Borland C++ 4, CodeWarrior, VACPP40 and Unsupported from Windows platform
Alberto