Don't backup the DNS cache. All the entries will probably expire before you
ever have to restore it. The cache is a convenience, not a necessity anyway.
If you are using an external DNS server all the entries are cached there
anyway. The DNS cache I was referring to was the XMail dnscache directory
andI looked at it with explorer.  The Microsoft DNS server cache always has
atrailing period in its Cached Lookups entries as shown below (if the
graphicis not removed by the list server)
[IMG]
This is a listing output from the Microsoft DNSserver:
Name    Type     Data
advance
datafull
mrse
telecentro
(same as parent folder) NS       athea.ar.
(same as parent folder) NS       ctina.ar.
(same as parent folder) NS       merapi.switch.ch.
(same as parent folder) NS       ns.uu.net.
(same as parent folder) NS       ns1.retina.ar.
(same as parent folder) NS       relay1.mecon.gov.ar.