Check into configuring in server.tab [CustMapsList].

This should help a lot.

-Don

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Henri van Riel
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 12:26 PM
To: xmail@xmailserver.org
Subject: [xmail] Spammers - How to block them.

Hi all,

I've got a peculiar problem. My domain (a sub-domain of my ISP)
receives a lot of (spam) email. I'm talking more than 15,000 emails
per day (about 10mb/hour). All these emails are for recipients *not*
defined on my domain. Someone has simply generated thousands of fake
email addresses and put them on a cd and sells that (probably).

I've set up XMail so that it only accepts mail for known users, so I
don't really receive these emails. The problem is that my smtp threads
are always *busy*. When I try to send email from outside my LAN
through my mailserver at home I always get the message `server too
busy, retry later...` because all my SMTP threads are handling
mail from these spammers...

What I would like is that XMail *immediately* drops the connection
with the spammer's mailserver but it doesn't seem to do that.
Connections stay open for a while because this server has dozens of
emails to deliver to my server (all for users that don't exist!).

Is there a way to immediately drop the connection with the server that
tries to deliver mail to an unknown user and also ban this particular
mail server for at least a day? That would decrease the number of
random emails significantly and save me a lot on bandwidth.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Henri.