Hello Jeff,

> ASSP with XMail is an excellent solution for this - it is robust and
> reasonably lightweight.  ASSP checks the first number of K that you
> specify to determine if an email is SPAM, then closes the session if
> it is.  You can specify valid user accounts in a text file or using
> LDAP. If the email is invalid, it simply closes the session.  Then
> you can forward the email to XMail for final processing.

Thanks Jeff and also Don for your suggestions but I can't run
anti-spam software on my server... :( Sorry, forgot to mention that. I
want to refuse know spammers from even connecting to my mail server.

I'm trying something like this now: setup a user account with a
`catch-all` alias (*) named `spamtrap`. Run all incoming mail through
a filter using the filters.pre-data.tab and parse the mail file to see
if it's been redirected to [EMAIL PROTECTED] If so, get the remote
address (from @@REMOTEADDR) and add that address to spammers.tab
automatically.

Would that work?

--