On 20 Nov 2007, at 14:31, Christian Kelly wrote:

> Ah, I see. So, for phase 0, the 'Enable Automatic Snapshots' option
> would only be available for/work for existing ZFSes. Then at some
> later
> stage, create them on the fly.

Yes, that's the scenario for the mockups I posted, anyway... if the
requirements are bogus, then of course we'll have to change them :)

My original mockup did allow you to create a pool/filesystem on the
fly if required, but it felt like the wrong place to be doing that--
if you could understand the dialog to do that, you would probably
know how to do it better on the command line anyway.  Longer term, I
guess we might be wanting to ship some sort of ZFS management GUI
that might be better suited to that sort of thing (maybe like the
Nexenta app that Roman mentioned earlier, but I haven't really looked
at that yet...)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]            GNOME Desktop Team