Calum Benson wrote:
> On 20 Nov 2007, at 13:35, Christian Kelly wrote:
>> Take the example I gave before, where you have a pool called, say,
>> pool1. In the pool you have two ZFSes: pool1/export and pool1/
>> export/home. So, suppose the user chooses /export in nautilus and
>> adds this to the backup list. Will the user be aware, from browsing
>> through nautilus, that /export/home may or may not be backed up -
>> depending on whether the -r (?) option is used.
>
> I'd consider that to be a fairly strong requirement, but it's not
> something I particularly thought through for the mockups.
>
> One solution might be to change the nautilus background for folders
> that are being backed up, another might be an indicator in the status
> bar, another might be emblems on the folder icons themselves.

I think changing the background is a non starter since users can change
the background already anyway.

An emblem is good for the case where you are looking from "above" a
dataset that is tagged for backup.

An indicator in the status bar is good for when you are "in" a dataset
that is tagged for backup.

--
Darren J Moffat