On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 22:19, Ray Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Pantzer5:  Thanks for the "top"  "size" explanation.
>
> Re: eeprom kernelbase=0x80000000
> So this makes the kernel load at the 2G mark?  What is the default, something
> like C00... for 3G?

Yes on both questions (i have not checked the hex conversions).

This might not be your problem, but it is easy to test. My symptom was
that zpool scrub made the computer go slower and slower and finally
just stop. But this was a long time ago so this might not be a problem
today.

> Are PCI and AGP space in there too, such that kernel space is 4G -
> (kernelbase + PCI_Size + AGP_Size) ?  (Shot in the dark)?

No.

This is virtual memory.

The big difference in memory usage between UFS and ZFS is that ZFS
will have all data it caches mapped in the kernel address space. UFS
leaves data unmapped.