Harry Putnam wrote:
Here is where I need some kind of brief outline telling what all is
needed to get that to happen.

When I look at the server, Its said to be in `maintenance mode'

 # svcs | grep smb
  online         18:40:45 svc:/network/smb/client:default
  maintenance    23:55:48 svc:/network/smb/server:default

I'm not really sure how to use svcadm wisely but I tried to enable it
first:

   svcadm enable -r  smb/server
  svcadm: svc:/milestone/network depends on \
svc:/network/physical, which has multiple instances
I'm not sure what that output means... but it doesn't appear to be any
kind of error.

Still when I look again... its still in maintenance mode.
What does "tail /var/svc/log/network-smb-server:default.log" show?

The log file for a service listed as part of the long listing (svcs -l smb/server).

--
Ian.