Ian Collins wrote:
Harry Putnam wrote:

[...]

Still when I look again... its still in maintenance mode.

What does "tail /var/svc/log/network-smb-server:default.log" show?

The log file for a service listed as part of the long listing (svcs -l smb/server).

Following these two commands:
svcadm disable sbm/server
svcadm enable -r smb/server

[...]

[ Feb 18 11:53:42 Executing start method ("/usr/lib/smbsrv/smbd start"). ]
smbd: NetBIOS services started
smbd: kernel bind error: No such file or directory
smbd: daemon initialization failed
[ Feb 18 11:53:43 Method "start" exited with status 95. ]

I wondered about the kernel in previous post:

> I noticed a
> special kernel package right next to the smb server called. SUNWsmbskr
> (smb/server kernel).

> So does this require a special kernel?

Does that mean I need to do something to the kernel..?  Replace it with
SUNWsmbskr?

Or is it something less ambitious?