As in they work without any possibility of mpt timeout issues?  I'm at my wits
end with a machine right now that has an integrated 1068E and is dying almost
hourly at this point.

If I could spend three hundred dollars or so and have my problems magically go
away, I'd love to pull the trigger on one of these SAS3081E-R cards right now.

Let me know if I can provide any more feedback on my existing 1068E problems.
I followed all the threads, but nothing apparently really fixes the problem.  I
was running 2009.06 (111b I think) and I just updated to 131 earlier today with
more of the same problems.  My ZFS pool is in such a sad state, it takes an
hour or so at most with all the resilvering happening before the machine goes
to lunch.  All of this on a SuperMicro motherboard and chassis with port
expanders.