Are you using the latest IT mode firmware? (1.26.00 I think, listed above and
without checking mine using AOC-USAS-L8i which uses same controller)

Also, I noticed you're using 'EARS' series drives.
Again, I'm not sure if the WD10EARS drives suffer from a problem mentioned in
these posts, but it might be worth looking into -- especially the last link:

1. On synology site, seems like older 4-platter 1.5TB EADS OK
(WD15EADS-00R6B0), but newer 3 platter EADS have problems (WD15EADS-00P8B0):
http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=19131&sid=c1c446863595a5addb8652a4af2d09ca
2. A mac user has problems with WD15EARS-00Z5B1:
http://community.wdc.com/t5/Desktop/WD-1-5TB-Green-drives-Useful-as-door-stops/td-p/1217/page/2
 (WD 1.5TB Green drives - Useful as door stops)
http://community.wdc.com/t5/Desktop/WDC-WD15EARS-00Z5B1-awful-performance/m-p/5242
 (WDC WD15EARS-00Z5B1 awful performance)

Cheers,
Simon