On Thu, 6 May 2010, Daniel Carosone wrote:

That said, I'd also recommend a scrub on a regular basis, once the
resilver has completed, and that will trawl through all the data and
take all that time you were worried about anyway.  For a 200G disk,
full, over usb, I'd expect around 4-5 hours.  That's fine for a "leave
running overnight" workflow.

When I have simply powered down a mirror disk in a USB-based mirrored pair, I have noticed that it seems that zfs must be doing its own little secret scrub of the restored disk without me requesting it even though 'zpool status' does not mention it and it says the disk is resilvered. The flashing lights annoyed me so I exported and imported the pool and then the flashing lights were gone.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn