> From: Matt Keenan [mailto:matt...@opensolaris.org]
>
> After some playing around I've noticed some kinks particularly around
> booting.

I'm going to continue encouraging you to staying "mainstream," because what
people do the most is usually what's supported the best.  I think you'll
have a more reliable system overall if you incrementally "zfs send | zfs
receive" to your external storage.

Unless you just want to do what you're doing for academic reasons.  I sure
as heck do all kinds of crazy unadvisable computer stuff for academic
purposes.  And you should see the kind of ridiculous stuff my brother
builds!  He still has a P4 with 9 PCI cards in it, for some sort of ham
radio data repeater including modem and stuff, asterisk and radio project.
It's crazy for sure.