On 05/07/2010 11:08 AM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
I'm going to continue encouraging you to staying "mainstream," because what
people do the most is usually what's supported the best.

If I may be the contrarian, I hope Matt keeps experimenting with this, files bugs, and they get fixed. His use case is very compelling - I know lots of SOHO folks who could really use a NAS where this 'just worked'

The ZFS team has done well by thinking liberally about conventional assumptions.

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC