On May 26, 2010, at 4:12 AM, Attila Mravik wrote:
> If your ZIL does use nonvolatile cache and does not honor flush
> requests then a powerloss is the same as loosing the ZIL altogether
> since it will not have the data saved for a playback.

This is not a correct statement.  Those are two different failure modes
and the recovery method is different.

At this point it is worth reminding the forum that if you do not have a
separate log device and you do use HDDs for the pool, then you
are in the volatile cache + cache flush respected (we hope) scenario
for the ZIL.
 -- richard

--
Richard Elling