Dear Gliberto, I wrote: <> I would agree that the spiritual
attributes of which humans are capable are eternally
"appropriate".   However,  the material (scientific)
capabilities of humanity have advanced to such a degree (and,
continue to do so) that it has become necessary to find
solutions that will insure the continued survival of humanity,
as inhabitants of one planet. <>

You responded: <> I would just think that the material aspect
of the Law can be dealt with without converting to a different
religoin. At least in terms of islamic law, you have living
scholars who can arrive at rulings by understanding the
principles of the Quran and sunnah and understanding the
realities of contemporary life. I'm not sure if you have any
particular changes in technology or social organization in
mind which you think Islam would have trouble keeping up with.
<>

Forgive me for responding with questions, however, I'm not familiar enough with the judicial structure of Islam, or it's authority, to make a comparison. Does the Quranic scripture grant such prerogatives to scholars? By what method are the qualified separated from those less qualified? Is there a Quranic mandate for acceptance of their rulings?

Lovingly, Sandra

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com To unsubscribe, send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, use subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu