Hi, Gilberto,

Sorry, I accidentally sent that message before it was completed.

At 10:07 AM 12/29/2004, you wrote:
>>What is the basis for the acceptance of Islam and Christianity?<<

The basis for the acceptance of which version of Islam or Christianity, and by
whom?

>> I've read some things about the concept of Noachides in Judaism ....<<

With few exceptions, modern Noachides are non-Jewish members of the Lubavicher
Chasidim (Chabad), an aggressive, missionary branch of Orthodox Judaism. The
official view of the Lubavichers is that non-Jews are responsible for
conforming to the Noachide laws. The Lubavichers have, therefore, set up an
organization intended to promote this principle:

http://www.noahide.com/

http://www.noahide.com/rebbe.htm

I have visited the local Chabad House of Kansas City. It is located in the
bedroom community of Overland Park, where I work:

http://www.chabadkc.org/

>>... and it seems to me that in essence Muslims would keep all the Noachide
>>commandments (and the one questionable point would possibly be the attitude
>>towards the Torah which Jews accept). I think it is less clear in the case of
>>Christians but they are also in the same ballpark. Is that it or is there a
>>different argument?<<

It depends on the branch of Christianity. The Acts 28 Dispensationalists and
Mid-Acts Dispensationalists would not care about the Noachide laws. However,
the Assemblies of Yahweh (Bethel, Pennsylvania) and some (especially
non-evangelical) branches of the Hebrew Christian movement would observe them.

With regards, Mark A. Foster * 15 Sites: http://markfoster.net
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger" -- Abbie Hoffman