@Andrew,

How do we engage the board?

Ed Mangini
m...@emangini.com

From: Andrew Musselman <a...@apache.org>
Reply: dev@community.apache.org <dev@community.apache.org>
Date: April 29, 2022 at 12:44:28
To: dev@community.apache.org <dev@community.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: It’s time to change the name

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 8:28 AM me <m...@emangini.com> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> I agree that putting it to a member vote is possibly polarizing (and
> premature). That’s not really the intent here. A poll is a dipstick effort
> to check the temperature before we reach strategy and tactics. Polling is
> more about discovery.

I think you'll get a similar reaction from a poll.

> I’m all for the outreach. For my own clarification, are you looking at
> this as a means of defining boundaries on the effort, setting urgency on
> the efforts (or some combination of both?)

I think this is such an expansive and encompassing topic that covers almost
every aspect of the operations of the foundation that it might be smart for
the board to have a look and build up a plan before doing any ad hoc
outreach.

Is this something you’re willing to do or kick off?

I personally don't have bandwidth to participate in activities on this, no.

> Is there any reason why we can’t move forward with both a poll and
> outreach?

Again I think this is a board decision but I am not a lawyer.