For me, the proven offenders can be ATTENDED stations.

The past week I was linked to a Winlink station on 40 meters when
somebody started calling on top of us.

I turned on  my linear, and he kept on calling. Three options to be
heard: my correspondent,
me, and me and my half gallon linear. And he / she kept on calling  on
top...I could not see who was,
I could not monitor the failed attempts while linked.

I did not lose my link even when an ALE 141A station started calling
also on top of the ongoing QSO.

Something that has been spoken about very little...QRM from other clients.

73,

Jose, CO2JA

Roger J. Buffington escribió:

>  Dave AA6YQ wrote:
> > No one is beating on Pactor. The objects of mass disgust are
> > unattended stations that transmit without listening, thereby QRMing
> >  other stations. Many of these happen to use Pactor III, but that's
> > no fault of Pactor III. As I've said here before, we don't ban cars
> >  because some people drive drunk; neither should we ban Pactor
> > because some arrogant and inconsiderate hams operate and use
> > unattended Pactor stations without busy frequency detectors.
> >
> > John, do you really characterize the innovation that's been driving
> >  the development of new digital modes as "madness"? Do you really
> > think that the explosion of soundcard digital mode users is "the
> > problem". You seem to be saying "turn the clock back 10 or 15 years
> >  and keep it there".
>
>  I find John's position to be incomprehensible, but that's OK I guess.
>  And you are right.  No one has an objection to Pactor so long as it
>  is Pactor operated in a courteous fashion.  There is an interesting
>  question about Pactor 2 and 3, which is--are these open-documented
>  modes such that identification in these modes is legal?  SCS claims
>  that these are proprietary modes to which they hold copyrights.  I
>  don't know the answer to the foregoing question; I'm just asking.
>  Put simply, if it takes ownership of a special modem (SCS modem) to
>  decode the ID, is the ID legal?
>
>  Pactor is dead as an ordinary QSO mode, at least here in North
>  America. I have received emails from Europe which indicate that it is
>  as dead as Julius Caesar as a QSO mode in Europe as well.  When you
>  visit the SCS website, it is apparent that Pactor is primarily aimed
>  at non-ham-operators including boaters and RVers, and commercial
>  users. As far as amateur radio goes, it is Finis Pactor.
>
>  Thank goodness for Peter Martinez and other ham radio Greats who have
>  made the soundcard modes what they are today--powerful digital modes
>  within the reach of most ham operators worldwide.
>
>  de Roger W6VZV

Participe en Universidad 2008.
11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2008.cu