From: fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal-boun...@lists.freepascal.org> On Behalf Of Jean
SUZINEAU via fpc-pascal
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2021 9:39 AM
To: fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org
Cc: Jean SUZINEAU <jean.suzin...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] Directory Tree

Le 23/04/2021 à 19:56, James Richters via fpc-pascal a écrit :
Get Checked or Selected works great, but if I push it twice, the second time I
get:
Unable to open file
C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Temp\FiC152.odt

But I did make sure to close word and the PDF file before pushing it a second
time.
Yes, it's a very interesting bug that I'm currently investigating. May be I
don't use the temp directory correctly.
When making the output, I start by copying the template file to another
filename/filepath.
When I use my code to generate the new filename in the temp directory (Nom:=
OD_Temporaire.Nouveau_ODT(Prefixe);),
on the second time, the system doesn't find the source file for the copy
('FileVirtualTree_txt_to_odt.odt') and the copy fails.
But the source file isn't deleted, it continues to be visible in File Explorer,
you can open it in LibreOffice.
And this happens either if , instead of using the CopyFile from
lazutils/FileUtils.pas,  I use a home made "MyCopyFile" function coded with
BlockRead/BlockWrite or even using command line cmd.exe / xcopy to do the job.
But if I copy the template to a file in the exe directory (just Nom:=
'temp_'+IntToStr(temp)+'.odt'; Inc(temp);), it works ...
I tried to change formatDateTime to include Days, because many selections go
well over 24 hours and it was just leaving the days off... so instead of
showing 2days, 3:14:54 it’s just showing 3:14:54
So I changed format date to d:h:m:s  but for some reason the totals of the
branches are coming up with 30 days even though the totals are nowhere near
even one day.  I don’t see where the 30 days could possibly be coming from.
I didn't had time to work on this for now. I think it's a bit too much
complicated for FormatDateTime, it would be safer to decode the datetime value
in a special function (something like days:= int(datetime); hours:=
frac(datetime)*24; minutes:= frac(hours)*60 ... )