> I'm sorry Derric, but I think the topic of this thread is the notion that
> many men, including those in administrator roles (e.g. list moderators)
> simply don't even recognize misogyny, and don't recognize the importance of
> providing systems by which women (and others, for that matter) can easily
> limit the ability of people who have caused them problems from continuing to
> communicate with them.

My email was an attempt to bring us back to that topic and diffuse what I, at
least in my head, had expected to turn into a situation that I felt
uncomfortable with, and that I felt others on the list (men and women both)
would.

> There is a tendency of men to disregard women's discussion of issues
> that affect them so, yes, men on a  list like this can undermine its
> purpose.

This is a discussion I would be glad to have.  Just not the way it looked like
it was going to happen.

Again, I'm really sorry if I offended anyone.  I was genuinely trying to make
sure that we didn't have a situation crop up that I thought would really make
everyone uncomfortable.  Instead I seem to have just buggered things up more.

Thank you,
Derric Atzrott