Hi Derric,

This list is not for the purpose of improving people's communication
skills. If you would like to help women in Wikimedia projects and you
know that you have difficulty communicating without offending people,
working on your communication skills in another venue is a good first
step. A good second step is to search the internet for resources on
ally skills.

To be crystal clear: you will not be helping women in Wikipedia by
continuing to ask for help from anyone on this list or centering
yourself in the discussion.

-VAL

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Derric Atzrott
<datzr...@alizeepathology.com> wrote:
> Would anybody object to me hijacking this thread to use as a sort of meta
> thread for what just happened?  I have further questions and things to
> explain and get feedback on.  I can start another thread if wanted.
>
> This whole situation sort of reminds me of when I tried suggesting on
> Wikitech-l that people make use of NVC and people were really offended.  Like
> there my intention was never to come off as condescending, but apparently I
> am just really awful at not coming off that way via email.  I'd like to work
> on that and also find out what sort of things men on this list can do to make
> the environment better are and in specific myself.  I think a polite
> discussion of what just happened would help advance all of those goals.
>
> Thank you,
> Derric Atzrott

Valerie Aurora
Executive Director

You can help increase the participation of women in open technology and culture!
Donate today at http://adainitiative.org/donate/