Would anybody object to me hijacking this thread to use as a sort of meta
thread for what just happened?  I have further questions and things to explain
and get feedback on.  I can start another thread if wanted.

This whole situation sort of reminds me of when I tried suggesting on
Wikitech-l that people make use of NVC and people were really offended.  Like
there my intention was never to come off as condescending, but apparently I am
just really awful at not coming off that way via email.  I'd like to work on
that and also find out what sort of things men on this list can do to make the
environment better are and in specific myself.  I think a polite discussion of
what just happened would help advance all of those goals.

Thank you,
Derric Atzrott