On 2018-10-10 10:51 AM, Chris Green wrote:
Warren Young <war...@etr-usa.com> wrote:
Fossil forum email alerts include the full content of the message.

That's great! Especially if the alert email subject includes the forum thread subject.

That said, I consider it critical that these alert emails can also send my own posts in the forum and not just others. If they don't send for EVERY post, the emails aren't suitable for reading / backing up a thread in one place.

And can you then simply 'reply' from your E-Mail client?  If not then
it doesn't really help much.

Actually it helps a lot. I think in practice most people using this forum would be reading a lot more than they post. So you can do your majority action of reading in your email client with the forum alerts. In the rare situation where you want to reply, then you just switch over to the web forum. (And assuming you then get a copy back in your email, so its like you wrote it with email.)

-- Darren Duncan