In a message dated 2/18/00 11:14:10 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< For all you deep/minimal techno DJ's that play out: Does the date of the
record effect your choice of playing it or not?  >>

A good techno record can last forever if it's not played to death, ie: Lyot -
"Vainquer" (I could live my whole life without hearing that one again).

There are very few instances where a techno record is played so much that
people get sick of it, like normal records that you hear on the radio, in
movies, MTV, etc.

I still like Hexagone "Burning Trash Floor" (1994 acid classic produced by
Ludovic Navarre pre-St.Germain) and Clementine "Cosmopolitan For The Cosmos"
(1994 and one of Luke Slater's best records) and still play them out.

a.