For all you deep/minimal techno DJ's that play out: Does the date of the
record effect your choice of playing it or not?  For example, one of my all
time favorite tracks is Robert Hood's "Home" but the fact that it came out
in '94 would make me hesistant to play it out.  Taking a look at Drum and
Bass culture you find that one of the main attributes that distiinguishes a
particular DJ is his/her collection of dubplates.  Not to say that it
doesn't do the same for a particular techno DJ/producer it's just not as
stressed.  There is, however, a lot more quality underground techno than
there is "underground" drum and bass.  A techno DJ who's not a producer
could definitaly have a set with tracks that another connoisseur of the
genre has yet to hear.  I don't think that's possible with drum and bass
unless you have dubplates.  As far as the genre, I'm stressing more on
deep/minimal techno and minimal/atmospheric drum and bass. L8r.

Mike A.