Alan

I wrote that first post when drunk and it's a little over-the-top opinionated, and yes, coloured by the fact I made assumptions about what you play when I haven't heard you play (which I will when I get the chance because I've only heard good things).

I stand by the main thrust of the post though, which is that the sound now associated with Detroit has changed substantially. You acknowledge that when you say "if some of the stuff I've been hearing is present-day Detroit, I'll stay in the past with the old Derrick May/Juan Atkins/Mad Mike/Jeff Mills blueprint, thanks". That's what I was getting at; trying to provoke discussion, I guess, in the light of all that's happening at DEMF. No slight was intented when I made the comment that musically you seem more aligned with Europeans like Beyer and Carola (I've heard both and they've both been fucking excellent) than the current wave (fourth?) of Detroit producers. So *is* there such a thing as a Detroit sound anymore?

Anyhow, I'll be quiet now: my posts hang like dark clouds in the sunny vibes of DEMF.

Cheers

Rol