> I don't like this. I'm a whitey. Half of my family is
> black but I'm 100% white and my parents are too. My
> mum used to listen to lots of black music and my dad
> used to be the only white guy who could get into black
> clubs when he was a youngster cuz he could kick all
> their asses (Wing something waddada whateva Kung Fu
> thing), so he got on with them. I was brought up in a
> multicultural community and I don't see why the colour
> of your skin should make any kinda difference. There's
> money grabbing blacks and whites and yellows and
> f**kin' martians. Greed and hate and selfishness
> crosses the race barrier.
>
> Kraftwerk are honkys. So what if D-town is full of
> blacks, so what? That's positive discrimination,
> dissing white culture...
>
> I don't like what you've said at all and I'd just shut
> your mouth before you start a flame war. Race
> shouldn't come into the techno equation, alright?

your personal experiences notwithstanding, i think the point that's being
made is that different genres of music appeal/are marketed to different
ethnic groups (e.g. "urban" hip-hop/r&b vs. "alternative" rock).  the
idea is that techno has difficulty gathering a large listening audience
because it defies strict boundaries and racial identities (i.e. it
contains both "black" and "white" elements.)

glyn
(who really should stop procrastinating now...)