attitudes and knee-jerk reactions….)

From: Peter Bense [mailto:textur...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 4:30 PM
To: Holly MacDonald-Korth
Cc: denisedalph...@gmail.com; christiaan76; Cole Evelev; Matthew Kane; kent
williams; Aidan O'Doherty; Marsel van der Wielen; list 313; Suzanne Heinrichs;
3...@coke-smyth.net
Subject: Re: Female Producers

Have any of you ever attended those electronic music events events with
exclusively female artists?

I have.  And in a lot of cases it seemed really awkward -- like the reason they
were selected as performers was due to their sex/gender over their
accomplishments as a performer/musician.  (To say nothing of the male patrons
weirdly 'gawking' over them, which is also super creepy.  A separate issue unto
itself.)

So here we are listing out producers/djs, etc. and not discussing their works
or what makes them good (maybe one or two have, but most replies haven't).

That turns this into an ad-hoc roll call.  Which again sort of reminds of those
types of events I just mentioned.  To what end?

How about indicate what makes them interesting to mention here, aside from
their sex/gender?  That would seem like a more favorable way to approach this
discussion, while crediting them appropriately.

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Holly MacDonald-Korth