Two things:

First, not Detroit but in regards to female producers I dig Miss Jools and
her Sol Asylum label. It's house with a techy edge that would mix well with
stuff by someone like Norm Talley or Delano Smith. Also, Loren from Detroit
is a super talented younger DJ, I think she is like 22 and she's already
played the festival, and for good reason.

Second, as far as all female events, some of my female DJ friends seem to
have mostly negative opinions of all-female line ups, because they often
seem to be offered up in place of actually booking females regularly.

At the same time, the music industry is brutal even for males, and I know
it can be hard as hell hard putting up with all the extra shit as a female
producer or DJ, so I certainly don't think anyone should have a problem
with taking a moment to mention a few talented females who are working hard
at what they do, unless they happen to be complete assholes. The amount of
fucked up shit that females have to put up trying to make a music career is
ridiculous. That--not talent--is the reason there are so few females doing
it.

~David