Well said Kevin.

I have a tendency to listen to older Detroit Techno because it puts my mind
in a place where I remember having fun and really enjoying the music. I
remember my first trip to a DJ pool with Charles Henderson in '91, everyone
sitting around this room full of records in a guy's house and  giving every
single record 10 seconds to make us believe in it before the guy running it
put it back on the stack. I still have the three records I copped that day:
St Etienne's "Only Love Can Break Your Heart" 12" with the MAW dub, Chris
Cuevas' "Hip Hop" 12" with the MAW dub (their first remix, if memory serves
me), and Ce Ce Pennison's 12"  for "Finally". I used to love stopping by
Buy-Rite on 7 mile on Tuesdays for the longest. I remember my first gigs
around Detroit playing out in '91 with Rob Brown, Charles Henderson, and a
number of other guys at U of D, Introvest, and several other spaces on the
west side all the way up to my last time spinning in SE Michigan on Crush
Collision, Oct 11th 2001.

The music still brings me back to those places, and for that reason, I keep
listening. Sometimes you really just need a break from all the crap going
on around you, Detroit Techno, minimal, electro/technobass, and ghettotech
does it for me.

What's funny is that I've been bouncing around an idea for an EP centered
around that whole 90's vibe for maybe the last 10 years. I think I might
finally stop procrastinating and just do it. Maybe... Tomorrow for sure...