>You don’t have to be an academic to know that the civil-rights
>movement of the 1950s and ’60s is one of the most deeply complicated
>chapters in American history. Likewise, you need only a passing knowledge
of
>this chapter to know that black music provided a crucial "ROLE" blocked by
>the governement, the establishment, the institutional economy, the media,
>and so on.... since then. But to take on the daunting task of definitively
>contextualizing the relationship between these two movements, you’d
>likely have to be an academic and sadist.

I still don´t understand the conclusion - We shall stop talking about the

too heavy too complicated subject ?

I thought we want to talk and learn about 313-music and art, right ?

So when we hear and read that there are also black-related subjects in the
music, in artwork,

in lyrics and in interviews, I would think this is quite a good place to
talk and learn about

some of the background of this art -  and so I will repeat this here -

Just take a title of a record like - Ebonics - by Theo Parrish -

the subject is in the title - you can hear the vocal-samples directly
dedicated to the subject

Now just count the postings done here about record-numbers and id´s of Mr.
Parrish´s records

and mixes (which is great) - but now put this amount against the number of
people talking

about the record-titles, the meanings of his art some including black
related subjects-

you come up with a number 100:0 = 100-mixes vs 0-messages ?

now have you ever heard of a simple phenomenon called "silent majority" ?

"no no, not us here ?? - preaching to the converted ?"

how should I know, when I see the majority relation about 100:0

I would like to talk about the black messages in the art - to learn and
understand -

because some music in music-culture is also connected with sending
information with teaching

and communication in various ways -  I would like to understand more -

4 some understanding it´s good to communicate -

and this is what this list is made 4 - to chat and learn about the music and
art

some artists have a focus on non-messages - want the music to speak without
words -

others mix the music with other things and thoughts that move them -

but all the people pushing the black messages into the racistic corner,

by calling it off-topic, too heavy or too academic to talk about it,

or keep preaching on it´s "only music"

are making the debate very strange and this avoids getting closer to the art
-

this won´t help in the deeper understanding of much music-art coming from
Detroit

- still thanx 4 the books -

planetz2002

--