that reminds me of the question I wanted to ask Jeff Mills at the
Submerge/Metropolis showing (but unfortunately the Q&A period was dominated
by some clown with a big mouth and small brain): is Detroit Techno® still
music of and for the future or is it now considered "retro" to make Detroit
style techno? has the future envisoned by the original Detroit Techno®
generation passed us by? When people ask me what kind of music I'm making
these days I tell them "old Detroit style techno like Derrick May and Carl
Craig used to make." I think if the future has indeed passed us by, then
it's time we went Back to the Future. Anyone feel the same way or is it
just me?

sean "old school g.e.d. receipient" deason