Sakari Karipuro wrote:
> nope i'm sure it isn't that one; the mix was definitely sort of
> cut'n'paste (on reel-to-reel) job between original mix and the omen
> mix, mostly with pieces of the track without 303, and it was just a
> little bit faster than the omen mix (probably because of reel-to-reel,
> vinyl pressing, etc). i called my friend and he said that the a-side has
> original mix and the strange mix on b-side is "the other mix". forgot to
> ask the year though, but definitely '88/'89 era.

This is surely not the one you're talking about, but in 1992 the abysmal ZYX
label released a "Stakker Humanoid 92" 12-inch with 3 barely-distinguishable
mixes that attempted to incorporate as many ravey cliches as possible,
particularly those "zipper" synth noises as popularized in a some remixes by
Joey Beltram.

You know, folks, there are discographies out there.. would save us some of
this speculation and fuzzy recollections of records that might've been...

Mike

--
  Mike J. Brown   |  http://skew.org/~mike/resume/
  Denver, CO, USA |  http://skew.org/xml/