1. You actually move parts of your body when you play an instrument.  Audiences
interpret this as 'doing something'

2. While there are many challenges to doing live Techno, the idea that the
performers spent time learning to play instruments, and can re-create their
music in front of them in real time, using their hands, voices, and feet
is regarded, fair or not, as more artistically valid.

3. A guitarist playing the same riff for 4 minutes is subtly varied in
a way a computer playing the same riff for 4 minutes.

I don't disagree with what you're saying really, but live performance
is all about perception. I get more respect if I drag out a TR707 to
a set, even if I never use it, because people mistake it for a 909.
I grew up in a performing family, and my parents ingrained in me that
most of the audience perceives only about 1/10th of what you're doing.
The spectacle of the event is every bit as important as the content.

Sure, there are always 'the headz' in the crowd who hang on your every
knob-twiddle, but it's dangerous to cater to them. Do that and
you're some sort of Yngvie Malmsteen.