> Random tangent : did any uk peeps see the soul documentary with trevor
> nelson last night ? Was pretty interesting stuff !
>
> Peace,
> Marc

Yeah man, I've always been pretty fascinated by that old Wigan Northen Soul
scene. Looked like a wicked scene when it was happening. If I'd been 10 years
older I reckon I would have been donning a pair of baggy trousers, braces and a
vest and getting down myself:) Those guys were nutty dancers and it was cool to
see all them die hard old soul boys still doing thier moves today! Every now
and then I try and check out Keb Darge's Legendary Deep funk night down at Jo
Jo's and Cant resist throwing the old twirl into my moves :)

What I find interesting about it is the comparison the scene had with the whole
early rave days that I was a part of. To hear some of the guys explain how it
started out all about the music, but as the drugs became a bigger and bigger
part of it and it grew from a relativly underground scene to something that
everyone wanted to get into, the music slowly started to deterioate as the DJs
started playing for the masses rather than the hardcore fans. Guess its always
the same with any underground scene where drugs play a large part of it, your
never gonna get more than a couple of years out of it before it blows up and
loses its original vibe.

Stewart

Join Freeserve http://www.freeserve.com/time/

Winner of the 2003 Internet Service Providers' Association awards for Best
Unmetered ISP and Best Consumer Application.